It’s only April, but you can manage your Blue Shield Q3 2018 small group renewals to get ahead of the game
Renewal kits are now available at Shield Renewals for your July, August, and September clients. You can make group-level changes through the Small Group Online Renewal (SGOR) tool for all your Q3 renewing groups.
Blue Shield has created a simple spreadsheet for conducting subscriber-level plan changes during renewal. With this form you can easily submit all the subscriber changes for a group, rather than sending individual Subscriber Change Request forms or by making each change through Employer Connection Plus.
Your RBG team can show you how easy this is for renewing groups that are on EaseCentral!
Blue Shield issued a RATE PASS for 2018 Q3.
Rates are available for quoting through September 2018 effective dates – send quote requests to your RBG team.
Relaxed Participation Extended Through Q3
All small business groups may continue to take advantage of Blue Shield’s relaxed participation guidelines through September, requiring only 25% employee participation with a minimum of five enrolled employees for medical plans. The relaxed participation requirements include vision and dental plans as well, when purchased with a medical plan. Updated Relaxed Participation Flyer
Minimum participation requirements continue to be waived for groups selecting Trio only. And groups selecting Trio only for their medical plans can also offer dental and vision coverage with the same minimum participation requirements waived!
Tandem PPO – did you know…?
- Groups can save 3% – 11% by offering Tandem PPO plans as compared to the Full PPO,
- Effective 4-1-2018, groups can offer Tandem PPO plans alongside Full PPO plans.
- Tandem represents over 60% of Blue Shield’s Full PPO network in California.
- Tandem PPO is available to Out-of-State employees and uses the BlueCard Program national PPO network.
- Blue Shield auto-assigns Tandem members a PCP at enrollment as an avenue to help keep the member focused on their health and well-being. The PCP is not a gatekeeper and members have the freedom to see any provider in the network without a referral. Members can make changes to their assigned PCP either online or by calling customer service.
RBG is your resource for Blue Shield quoting, enrollment and implementation. Contact your RBG Representative Today!